CentrosD2, an established English Academy in the city of Melilla, is looking for enthusiastic and experienced YL teachers.
The city of Melilla offers you a unique teaching experience in one of the Spanish enclaves on the incredible North African coast.
Teachers will have the opportunity to travel extensively in the neighbouring cities of Morocco and improve your level of Spanish like nowhere else due to the limited international tourism here in Melilla.
Details of Position
Are you a highly motivated and professional teacher of English? Can you teach general English to all age groups and levels? Do you have experience in preparing students for official exams? CentrosD2 invites applications from well-qualified, experienced and enthusiastic EFL teachers with native level English, to join us for a full scholastic year.
CentrosD2 is a well-established, rapidly expanding training centre which is committed to quality and is certified as ISO 9001 – the international Standard for Quality Management.
We offer a variety of courses, including a comprehensive year round English programme and we have specialized in certified language training since 2006. As an official examination centre for the National University of Distance Learning (UNED-CUID), University of Cambridge, ETS TOEFL and TOEIC, Language Cert, Cervantes Institute and Alliance Française we offer exam courses in numerous languages (including English, Spanish, French, Italian and Arabic).
Where are we?
CentrosD2 is a short walk from the city centre, in the Spanish North-African enclave of Melilla.
As a teaching member of staff at CentrosD2, you will:
– be a highly motivated and responsible professional
– be talented at teaching across the age range, from 3 years to adult.
– be able to teach all CEFR levels confidently
– be a native level speaker of English (must be able to prove level C2 certification)
– be CELTA qualified, or equivalent
– be committed to professional development
– have experience in exam preparation
– have the legal right to work and live in Spain (EU citizen or with a Spanish NIE/TIE)
– Please note that we are unable to process visa applications for non-EU citizens
Salary and Benefits
A contract of 34 hours (25 hours of teaching per week) runs until June with the opportunity to continue over the summer months in our summer schools or intensive courses. There is also the possibility of extending the contract by mutual consent for another school year and to take on a year long contract rather than a 10 month one.
– a monthly salary of EUR 1,450 net
– opportunities for overtime
– 25 calendar holiday days in winter and spring as well as all national and local holidays.
– opportunities for career advancement, responsibility and promotion.
– return boat transportation from Malaga to Melilla once a year.
– the opportunity to learn Spanish and prepare for an official examination.
– as a Cambridge Partner centre, our teachers have access to online training courses.