American Village Camps are owned and managed by Nacel, and belong to the Go&Live corporate group. The Go&Live group promotes learning through active participation, cultural exchange and linguistic immersion. American Village camps were created in 1994. They are for French children, 7 to 17 years old. Our English-immersion camps create a positive environment where it is fun, natural & necessary to use English. The majority of our camps are American-themed. We have some British-themed camps, too!
Details of Position
Work in France this spring!
Now hiring for the following start dates at our American village overnight camps:
– February 16 – April 15
– March 03 or 10 – April 22 or 29
– March 17 or 24 – May 20
– April 7 – June 24
– April 20 – June 17 or 24
– April 27 – June 17 or 24
– May 26 – July 15 or 29
You would be an English Language Counselor, living at our immersion camps, which are scattered in the countryside across France. You would lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
The average contract length is 4 to 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
– Camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
– Idiomatic level of English
– Correct grammar and spelling on application
– Knowledge of north American or British history and culture, preferably through travel or studies
– Clear criminal history
– Being a team player, being organized, and a good communicator
– Capable of organizing activities in English : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
– Happy to perform in skits, tell stories, lead songs & cheers, all in English.
– A CELTA or TEFL certificate is not required. However, classroom teaching can be a part of this job. Counselors are receptive to our approach of teaching English through active participation, positive reinforcement and encouragement.
Salary and Benefits
– A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 55 defrayal of train travel to their village (within France).
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
– We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.