What Will I Learn?
- Set yourself up as a freelance Online English Teacher
- Find students all over the world using a variety of different strategies
- Earn premium rates by teaching a niche English course
- Design lessons that meet the needs and interests of your students
- Teach the core language skills of writing, speaking, listening and reading
- Discover the best materials and resources online and in print
- The course assumes a basic knowledge of computers and the Internet, but it is designed for non-technical people
- No teaching experience is required
- You should be a native speaker of English or a non-native speaker of English at an advanced level
Start teaching English online and earn a lucrative source of income as a freelance teacher!
Do you want to teach English online, but don’t know how to start?
Do you want to know how to find students and what to teach them?
This complete course is the best way to find out and start teaching online straight away.
This course includes hours of video presentations and screencasts as well as downloadable cheat sheets and worksheets to use with your students. It also includes a showcase of the best websites and online materials for use in your lessons.
By the end of this course you will have the knowledge and confidence to go out and find highly motivated, high-paying students who want to improve their English language skills. You will also know how to create great lessons that help students learn and make them want to come back for more.
Who’s the course for?
- You want to earn money teaching English online
- You might be an experienced English teacher, but you want to know how to adapt your skills to the online world
- You might be new to teaching, and you want to know the essential tools and knowledge to teach like a pro
- You might have done some online teaching, but you want to improve
What makes me qualified to teach you?
I’ve been teaching for 20 years and have taught English online since 2008. I’ve also taught English at the British Council. I am a fully qualified teacher with a CELTA (Pass A) and a Masters degree in education. I teach students from all over the world and I currently specialise in helping students prepare for the IELTS test.
My Promise to You
I’m a full-time online English teacher. I’ll be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can always post a question in the course or send me a direct message.
This course will cover everything you need to know to start teaching English online, including:
- How to find students using social media, online marketplaces and more
- How to decide what to teach
- How to find out what your students really need and want
- How to carve out a premium rate niche English course that will attract high rates of pay
- What rates to charge and how to get paid
- The essential tools you’ll need to teach online
- Links to high quality materials and resources online
- How to do offer courses in exam preparation, such as IELTS, TOEFL and TOEIC
- How to teach the core language skills of writing, speaking, listening and reading
- and much more!
This course – the result of years of personal experience teaching English, both online and as a teacher at the British Council, together with the latest research into English language learning – will give you all of the skills, knowledge and confidence you need as an online English teacher.
So go ahead and click on the enrol button. You’ll soon be teaching English online and working as your own boss. I’ll see you in Lesson 1!
Curriculum For This Course
Section 1: Welcome to the Course
Lecture 1: Introduction to the Course
Section 2: The Essential Toolkit
Lecture 2: The essentials
Lecture 3: Communication Tools
Lecture 4: Online whiteboards
Lecture 5: IDroo Online Whiteboard: User Guide (Part 1)
Lecture 6: IDroo Online Whiteboard: User Guide (Part 2)
Lecture 7: IDroo Online Whiteboard: creating an anagram activity
Section 3: What are you going to teach?
Lecture 8: Introduction
Lecture 9: Niche English
Section 4: How to find students?
Lecture 10: How to find students
Lecture 11: Social Media Marketing 101 – How To Find Students using Social Media Marketing
Section 5: Getting paid
Lecture 12: What should I charge?
Lecture 13: Good Practices to follow when charging for lessons
Lecture 14: Payment Methods
Section 6: Where can I work from?
Lecture 15: Where can I work from?
Section 7: How to teach English
Lecture 16: How languages are learned
Lecture 17: How to do a needs analysis
Lecture 18: Bonus eBook – Activities for Teaching English Online
Section 8: How to teach speaking
Lecture 19: How to teach speaking
Lecture 20: Role Plays
Section 9: How to teach listening
Lecture 21: How to teach listening
Section 10: How to teach reading
Lecture 22: How to teach reading
Lecture 23: Reading Activities: Breaking News English
Lecture 24: Reading Activities: Text Sorting
Lecture 25: Reading Activities: Paragraph Sorting
Lecture 26: More Reading Activities
Lecture 27: Reading Materials Online
Section 11: How to teach writing
Lecture 28: How to teach writing
Lecture 29: Writing: The Reformulation Approach
Lecture 30: Writing Activities
Section 12: How to teach vocabulary
Lecture 31: How to teach vocabulary
Lecture 32: Vocabulary activities
Section 13: How to do exam preparation
Lecture 33: How to do exam preparation
Lecture 34: Teaching IELTS
Section 14: Conclusion
Lecture 35: 10 Step Startup Guide
There are no reviews yet.