RISE was founded on the strong beliefs of their CEO, Barry O’Callaghan for the need to change the way we teach young learners and prepare them for a new global future. Their aim is to deliver innovative, integrated education solutions to help young learners prepare for the future.
RISE is a worldwide institute with campuses in 150 cities. They were first established in South Korea in 2014. They now have about 40 branches nationwide. It has since been recognized through its innovation and sincerity of education by many parents. While spending the most important time of their lives at Rise campus, students are moulded into talented and competitive potential global leaders through programs that have not yet been offered by domestic educational institutions. In this recognition, RISE continues to expand significantly in Korea and throughout the world.
They offer a premium, subject-based English language and leadership training program to children 3 to 12 years of age. Their program is based on proven, award-winning content from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH), the largest and most established K-12 publisher in the world, with some 200 years of Education History. Their foundational content is used by over 5 Million students in the US classrooms on a daily basis.
- Students: Kindergarten and Elementary students
- Location: Unjeong, Gyeonggi (about 30-40 minutes from Seoul)
- Working Hours: 9AM – 6PM, Monday to Friday (No work on the weekend or national holidays!)
- Teaching Hours: Maximum 120 hours per month.
- Paid Leave: 11 days in the first year, 15 days in the second year (increase upon Korean Labor Law) additionally 3days on the selected day from the academy
Starting Salary: Starting from 2,300,000 KRW and up (differs according to the teacher’s experience.)
Bonus: End of contract completion bonus
Housing: Newly built studio apartment
- Bed, TV, Microwave provided
- 500,000 KRW provided if housing is not needed
Healthcare & Pension: paid 50:50 (according to Korean Law)
Native English speakers from US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand
Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
No teaching experience required. Experience with young learners preferred.
Preferred age – 21 to 40
Clean background check less than 6 months old from your home country